Surf Trip Bundle
This bundle contains our new Surf Trip scent and a Cobalt Forever Vessel. Save $3 with the bundle.
Let Surf Trip transport you to a beach town hidden along the Central American coast. Howler monkeys roam the lush rainforest. Perfect hollow waves crash the secluded beach with each tide. And a sun baked hut tucked amongst the coconut filled palms dishes out fresh tropical fruit to weary surfers.
Notes: Pineapple, Orange, Passion Fruit, Coconut, Kiwi Fruit, Tropical Jasmine, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean
People say: "Love all the scents I got from siblings. These are easy to make and I love how sustainable they are." - Megan D
Makes: One 10oz candle (~60hrs burn time)
Made with: Eco-friendly coconut blend wax with non-toxic fragrance and essential oils
Good to know
Good to know
Included in the bag
- 10 oz of natural eco-friendly coconut blend wax infused with non-toxic fragrance and essential oils. Free of parabens, paraffin and phthalates.
- Lead-free 8" cotton wick
- Wooden wick holder
Burning & Care
- Burn time is approximately 60 hrs
- Trim wick to 1/4” before each burn
- Never leave a lit candle unattended
- Keep away from wind drafts and flammable materials
- Keep away from small children and pets
- Recommended burn time is no less than 1 hour and no more than 4 hours at once
- Candle bag can be disposed of in both home or industrial compost. Bag is certified to biodegrade within 180 days in an industrial compost facility. Home compost biodegradation time will vary depending on conditions.
- Shipping materials can be recycled along with your other paper-based items.
Candle is made in Los Angeles, CA.
How to make
How to make
Selecting a suitable vessel
As a rule of thumb, stick to tumblers, cups, and jars that can withstand heat, and won’t leak, crack, or catch fire.
- Glazed ceramic
- Sturdy glass
- Sealed metal tins
- Approx. 3" diameter
- Porous ceramic ie. terra cotta
- Wood, coconut shells, plastic
- All flammable materials
- Unable to hold water
- Easily tips over
Remove accessories from bag. Microwave open bag of wax upright in a microwave-safe dish for two minutes or until all wax is melted. Thread wick through wick holder and center in a suitable vessel approximately 3" in diameter*. Pour liquid wax into vessel and let set for two hours. Trim wick and enjoy!
*Our wicks are designed for 3" diameter vessels. If using a larger or oddly shaped vessel we recommend making a multi-wick candle to prevent tunneling. We sell extra wicks in the shop for this purpose.
For us, being sustainable means minimizing our carbon footprint, creating goods that last longer—less shipping, less waste, more value for you—and considering the circularity of our products and shipping materials.
Here's what we're doing:
- Our candles are packaged in a 100% compostable bag, when disposed of properly in a home or industrial compost facility, end-of-life is a return to its organic state i.e. soil.
- Our bag manufacturer offsets their own impact by removing plastic from the ocean in the same weight of the packaging they sell.
- Our shipping materials are plastic free and recyclable.
- We use a (majority) coconut blend wax that burns longer and requires less water and pesticides to grow than other common candle wax crops.
- We work with top perfumers (the same ones behind many of your other favorite fragrance brands) to create our scents with a mix of synthetic and natural oils. We never use harsh chemicals, parabens or phthalates. And our natural oils can be traced from seed to scent to maintain the highest standard of ethics in production, for people and planet.
- We encourage people to reuse vessels they already have, but if you need a vessel—ours are made to last a lifetime.
- Carbon emissions are a cost of doing business, we offset ours in full every year, since our founding year in 2019.
- Made with 99% plant-based materials
- 100% compostable, both home and industrial
- Breaks down into healthy compost leaving no micro-plastics behind
- Printed with non-toxic water and bio-based inks that do not require petroleum-based solvents
- 100% recyclable paper-based materials