We're for keeping things simple and sustainable here at Siblings. Sometimes, it can feel like the holidays are anything but. Here are a few of our favorite tips and tricks to keep the season from becoming overwhelming.
It's always a good idea.
- Take time to make a holiday to-do list (often this feels longer in your head than it actually is).
- Set a budget (and try to stick to it!).
- Keep your calendar current with important events and 'deadlines' to avoid last-minute stress.
Eco-conscious gift giving:
It's the thought that counts.
- Consider doing a Secret Santa exchange to reduce the number of gifts being purchased.
- Choose experiences, sustainable products or homemade gifts when possible.
- Focus on quality over quantity. Buy gifts made to be used, and made to last to avoid excessive waste.
More stuff = more stress.
- Be conscious of your consumption, and ask yourself if you truly need the items you're considering purchasing.
- More stuff often just leads to more stress. Keep things minimal where you can so you can focus on the important moments of the holidays.
Mindfulness and prioritization:
Don't be afraid to say no.
- Avoid overcommitting — know that you don't have to attend every engagement you're invited to.
- Don't forget about self-care. These busy times are when you need it most.
- Be mindful of thinking of all the things you 'must-do'. Most things are more of a want / would like to than a must.
Make time for quality time.
- Make a point to designate certain times during the holidays for technology-free moments to connect with loved ones and simply be present.
Oh, and last but not least — lighting your favorite candle is a great way to relieve stress and make your (holiday) mood too 😉. We love Winter, the Sweater Weather Pack and the Ski Trip Pack for a most festive feel. We hope these ideas and scents help you to enjoy the season.